- 4 eggs
- 150 ml full-fat milk
- 50 g L’Etivaz AOP, grated
- 4 to 6 thick slices of sourdough bread
- 200 g strawberries, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons basil, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Beat the eggs and mix together with the milk and grated L’Etivaz AOP in a shallow dish.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and melt a large knob of butter.
- Dip the sourdough bread into the egg mixture one slice at a time so that they are completely imbibed.
- Gently fry the slices on both sides until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Mix all the ingredients for the strawberry salsa.
- Serve the French toast with the strawberry salsa and some honey or maple syrup, if desired.
Sometimes breakfast deserves to be a little celebration. At times like that there is nothing better than surprising French toast, fresh strawberries and a rousing piece of music that makes you want to dance.
Local Natives – Villainy
Listen on Spotify