- 2 thick slices of rustic country sourdough bread
- 1/2 leeks
- 1 white onion
- Appenzeller® Gold Label
- 1 tablespoon brown caster sugar
- Butter the bread. Put the saucepan on the heat and add the leeks that you have cut into rings.
- Fry gently, no need to brown them, just sauté them.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add 20 g sugar and gently caramelise.
- Leave to cool down.
- Top bread with alternating layers of Appenzeller® Gold Label, onion, cheese.
- Microwave for 15 seconds.
- Heat up a frying pan.
- Spread a dash of olive oil on it with some paper.
- Fry the bread on both sides until golden brown.
A toastie a day, keeps the doctor away!!
Natalie Cole – This Will Be
Listen on Spotify