Preparation time: 15min + baking 15min
- 2 eggs
- 3 dl milk
- 150 g defrosted frozen spinach (or about 65 g fresh baby spinach, chopped )
- 2 1/2 dl spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- fresh lemon juice
- 100 g Appenzeller® Black Label, grated
- oil for cooking
- baby spinach
- grated Appenzeller® Black Label
- Whisk eggs and milk in a bowl.
- Add the spinach.
- Combine spelt flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the egg mixture and mix until smooth.
- Season to taste with a splash of lemon juice. Stir in the grated cheese.
- Let the batter rest for a while.
- Heat a waffle iron and brush with oil. Pour batter onto waffle iron and cook until golden brown.
- Serve with baby spinach and sprinkle with Appenzeller on top.
What can be more perfect than during a long and leisurely Sunday breakfast enjoy newly made waffles? When sleeping in and breakfast unnoticeably turns into brunch, well, then these savory spinach waffles taste really delicious. Don’t forget to listen to the song ‘Sunday morning, rain is falling’ – since you have all the time in the world!
Maroon 5 – Sunday Morning
Listen on Spotify