Preparation time: 10min
- 2 eggs
- mixed salad
- 1 avocado
- approx. 6 Tête de Moine AOP rosettes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp white balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- bread slices
- Boil the eggs 6-7 minutes (soft-boiled). Rinse in cold water.
- Arrange the salad, avocado, egg halves and cheese rosettes on plates.
- Mix together the ingredients for the dressing and drizzle over the salad.
- Serve with bread slices if desired.
I ate this salad for breakfast for the first time on a holiday trip to New York about 10 years ago. The salad – and music – bring me back to the bustling city cafés. Just as tasty on a week-day as well as on a bigger week-end breakfast spread. And always when you have a craving for veggies first thing in the morning.
Alicia Keys – Empire State of Mind
Listen on Spotify