- 2 eggs
- 50 ml full cream
- 40 g Le Gruyère AOP Mild, grated
- 50 g chorizo, cubed
- 80 g Swiss chard, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Grease 2 ramekins with butter.
- Spread the chorizo and chard over the bottom of the ramekins. Pour 25 ml of cream into each ramekin and sprinkle a tablespoon of grated Le Gruyère AOP Mild over it.
- Then break an egg into each ramekin. Make sure that the yolk remains intact. Season with pepper, salt and thyme and sprinkle with grated Le Gruyère AOP.
- Place the ramekins in a deep oven dish. Fill the baking dish with hot water, so that the ramekins are about 2/3 full.
- Carefully slide the baking dish into the oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the egg white has set.
- Serve hot with bread and salted butter.
Shirred eggs offer you the best of both worlds: you get the delicious runny yolk of a soft-boiled egg and the opportunity to add all sorts of flavourings. The greatest pleasure with these eggs? The way fat of the chorizo melts into the egg white!
David Bowie – Modern Love
Listen on Spotify