10 minutes preparation time and 30 minutes cooking time
- 2 croissants
- 2 leeks
- 100 g grated Emmentaler AOP Mild
- 30 g shavings of Emmentaler AOP
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 knob of butter
- A few lettuce leaves
- Cut the leeks in half lengthwise, then chop into sections. Wash them thoroughly.
- Melt a knob of butter in a saucepan, add the leeks, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with a little nutmeg. Mix together, cover and cook over a very low heat for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While the leeks are cooking grate 100 g Emmentaler AOP Mild and make shavings with the remaining 30 g.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- After the leeks have cooked for 15 minutes , add the mustard and honey and cook for another 5-7 minutes. They should be soft and melting.
- Pour the eggs over the leeks, add the grated Emmentaler AOP Mild cheese and stir continuously. Cook the eggs to the desired consistency (runny or well-cooked).
- Cut the croissants in half lengthwise. Stuff them with the scrambled eggs with leeks. Add a few lettuce leaves and cheese shavings.
- Serve while still warm.
This rich dish will charge your batteries completely and makes a perfect breakfast for two!
Sébastien Tellier – La Ritournelle
Listen on Spotify