- 120 g bacon
- 300 g potatoes
- 25 g Le Gruyère AOP Mild, grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 apple
- butter for cooking
- Cook bacon in a skillet until crispy. Drain on a paper towel. Break into smaller pieces.
- Peel and coarsely grate the potatoes. Squeeze out excess liquid. Mix the potatoes with the Le Gruyère AOP and salt. Heat a mini-pancake griddle and brush with butter. Add small piles of grated potato- cheese mixture and cook over medium high heat until golden and crispy. Flip and cook the other side until crispy and cooked through.
- Peel and cut the apple into quarters. Heat butter in a frying pan and quickly cook the apples over medium-high heat.
- Top the Gruyère rösti with apples and bacon. Serve immediately.
What can be more perfect that pairing two Swiss culinary classics in one dish? Theses röstis are just as delicious as a main course as part of a brunch buffet.
Ben Harper – Walk Away
Listen on Spotify