15 minutes preparation time and 10 minutes cooking time
- 4 eggs
- 100 g Sbrinz AOP
- 200 g green asparagus
- 1 clove of garlic
- 300 g baby spinach leaves
- Olive oil
- Cut or break off the heel of the asparagus. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil. When the water is boiling, plunge the asparagus into the water for 7 to 8 minutes and then remove it from the water. Place it directly into cold water or ice to fix the colour. Set aside.
- Separate the egg whites and yolks into two separate bowls.
- Beat the egg yolks until they are creamy and pale in colour. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Gently fold the egg yolks into the whites until they are smooth and creamy.
- Grate the Sbrinz AOP.
- Pour the egg mixture into a medium-sized non-stick pan with a lid and a drizzle of olive oil. Cook over low-medium heat until the bottom of the omelette has set, about 5 minutes.
- Lift each side of the omelette and slide a knob of butter underneath.
- Sprinkle 3/4 of the grated cheese onto the omelette. Cover the pan and cook for another 5 minutes, or until the top of the omelette has set.
- Remove the pan from the heat, season the omelette with salt and pepper. Place the asparagus on one half and cover with the other half.
- Sprinkle the top of the omelette with the remaining cheese.
- Serve the omelette with a salad of young spinach leaves and a few shavings of Sbrinz AOP plus a drizzle of olive oil.
A light and fluffy way to cook an omelette that make the perfect start to the day with your head in the clouds like Antonin WAV.
Antonin.Wav – La Tête Dans Les Nuages
Listen on Spotify