Preparation time: 10 min + baking 20min
- 75 g butter
- 5 dl all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 dl plain yoghurt
- 1 dl milk
- 50 g Appenzeller® Silver Label, grated
- milk for brushing
- raspberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 225°C.
- Melt the butter and let cool for a while.
- Combine the dry ingredients. Add yoghurt, milk, cooled melted butter and half of the grated cheese. Mix into a smooth dough and shape into a ball.
- Transfer the dough to a baking tray lined with baking paper. With floured hands, press the dough into a flat round circle. Cut 8 wedges in the dough with a sharp knife, without cutting all the way through.
- Brush with milk.
- Sprinkle the remaining grated cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Serve with raspberry jam.
Start the day with fresh scones straight out of the oven. This can be easily accomplished since the dough is shaped directly on the baking sheet as a large loaf. Surprise your partner or close friend and enjoy a special breakfast moment just the two of you. The scones pair perfectly with Appenzeller® and raspberry jam.
Mr. Probz – Space for two
Listen on Spotify