Makes 3 toasties
- 200 ml buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 150 g flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 spring onions, cut into rings
- Pinch of salt
- 100 g Emmentaler AOP Classic, grated
- 100 g Appenzeller®️ Extra, grated
- Knob of butter for frying
- Put the buttermilk, egg, flour, baking soda, spring onions and a generous pinch of salt in a bowl and beat until you have a thick, smooth batter.
- Heat the waffle iron and spoon a tablespoon of the waffle batter into each waffle tin. Bake the waffles for about 5 minutes until cooked through.
- Divide the two Swiss cheeses over half of the waffles and lay the other half of the waffles on top.
- Melt a knob of butter in a frying pan and fry the waffle toasties until golden brown and crispy all over and until the cheese has melted.
Waffles for breakfast: Americans have been doing it for years. They usually serve them with all kinds of sweet things. But savoury waffles are also great. With Swiss Emmentaler AOP Classic and Appenzeller® Extra, these savoury waffles bring a whole new dimension.
Coldplay – Viva La Vida
Listen on Spotify