- 80 g oat flakes
- 480 ml water
- 50 g Sbrinz AOP, grated
- Handful of young spinach leaves
- 6 slices of pancetta
- Fry the pancetta in a hot pan for a few minutes until crispy. Leave to drain on kitchen paper while you make the oatmeal.
- Dry roast the oat flakes for a few minutes in a saucepan.
- Add the water and bring to the boil, stirring all the time.
- Lower the heat and continue cooking until it is reduced into a thick oatmeal porridge. Stir regularly to prevent the bottom from burning.
- Stir half of the grated Sbrinz AOP into the oatmeal. Season with pepper and a little salt if necessary.
- Turn off the heat. Add the spinach, stir and allow it to wilt in the warm porridge.
- Divide the oatmeal into two bowls. Top with the crispy pancetta and the rest of the grated Sbrinz AOP.
Hot porridge is a blessing on dark, cold winter days, but did you know you can also make savoury porridge? The melted cheese gives it an extra tasty texture and nobody can resist crispy pancetta, can they?
The Decemberists – Rise to Me
Listen on Spotify