- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 dl milk
- a pinch of salt
- 2 pears
- 8 slices day-old bread
- 100 g Emmentaler AOP Mild, sliced
- 1 dl toasted pecan nuts
- about 1 dl maple syrup
- butter for cooking
- Beat eggs, milk and salt.
- Cut the pear in half, deseed and cut into slices.
- Dip a slice of bread into the egg mixture and flip to coat both sides. Heat butter in a skillet. Place bread slices in the skillet and cook on both sides until golden brown.
- Place a slice of Emmentaler AOP and pear on one slice of the bread. Place the other bread slice on top. If you’d like the cheese to melt, place the sandwiches in the skillet and cook over low heat for a couple of minutes.
- Cut into triangles. Garnish with pecan nuts and drizzle with maple syrup. Serve immediately.
The brunch classic French Toast can be varied in many different ways. Filled with Emmentaler AOP and pears, served with crunchy pecan nuts and covered with sweet-sticky maple syrup – this combination is a match made in heaven. You can use any kind of white bread when making French Toast. We prefer using day-old brioche for an extra delicious French Toast.
Jack Johnson – Banana Pancakes
Listen on Spotify