For 2 people
For the salad:
- 100 g quinoa
- 4 eggs
- A dash of milk
- 200 g cooked brown lentils
- 60 g Gruyère AOP d’Alpage
- 1 pear
- 100 g cherry tomatoes
- 10 coarsely chopped toasted almonds
- Handful of fresh coriander
For the vinaigrette:
- 100 ml olive oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 lemon
- Pepper and salt
- Cook the quinoa according to the instructions on the packaging. Season the water well with salt and pepper.
- In the meantime, beat the eggs with a dash of milk and season the mixture with salt and pepper.
- Scramble the eggs in a pan with a dash of olive oil or a knob of butter until cooked through.
- Rinse the lentils and drain them. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and the pear into slices.
- Use a cheese knife to cut thin slices of Gruyère AOP d’Alpage.
- For the vinaigrette: Grate the lemon peel and add it to a bowl with the olive oil and some mustard. Squeeze the juice of half of the lemon, season with salt and pepper and mix together until creamy. Mix two tablespoons of the vinaigrette into the lentils. Set the rest aside to serve at the end with the breakfast bowl.
- Divide the ingredients between two bowls, garnish with finely chopped almonds and some fresh coriander. Serve with the dressing.
Packed with nutritious ingredients, lots of flavours and different textures, this breakfast bowl is a breakfast to remember. Grate some Gruyère AOP d’Alpage on top and you are good to go!
Tony Anderson – Ariana
Listen on Spotify