For 2 people
- 2 thick slices of bread
- 2 large eggs
- 50 ml milk
- 50 g Emmentaler AOP Classic
- 1 apple
- 100 g bacon
- 2 tablespoons sour cream/yoghurt
- Maple syrup for serving
- Finely grate the Emmentaler AOP Classic.
- Beat the eggs with the milk and add the Emmentaler AOP Classic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Dip the bread slices into the mixture and fry both sides in butter until brown, about 2-3 minutes over a low heat.
- Fry the bacon In a large frying pan until crispy. Drain on a plate with some kitchen paper.
- Meanwhile, peel the apple and cut into small cubes. Then fry them over a low heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Serve the French toast with a tablespoon of sour cream, the fried bacon, the apple and serve with the maple syrup.
Have you always had difficulty choosing between French toast and a cheese croquette? Well your problem is solved! This recipe is a match made in heaven between the two dishes, with the delicious flavour of Emmentaler AOP Classic and fried bacon and apple. Oh, and don’t forget the maple syrup when serving it!
Cigarettes After Sex – Apocalypse
Listen on Spotify