Preparation time: 15min
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 150 g mushrooms (e.g. portobello or chestnut mushrooms)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 eggs
- 6 slices Gruyère AOP Mild
- salt and pepper
- sunflower shoots
- Peel and finely chop the garlic and thyme. Cook in 1 tbsp oil for a few minutes. Set aside.
- Clean and slice the mushrooms. Heat butter in a skillet and cook mushrooms for a few minutes. Add oil if needed. Season with salt and pepper. Add the garlic and set aside.
- Beat the eggs with a fork in a bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in the skillet and add egg mixture. Cook until the eggs start to set on top. Add the cheese slices and mushrooms on half of the omelette. Fold in half and serve.
- Garnish with sunflower shoots if desired.
A classic golden omelette is perfect for a big weekend breakfast. Relax and enjoy the soft flavor of Gruyère cheese, mushrooms, thyme and eggs. The sliced cheese melts lovely in the omelette.
Harry Styles – Golden
Listen on Spotify