20 minutes preparation time and 4-5 minutes cooking time
Makes 12 waffles
- 400 g sweet potato
- 100 g L’Etivaz AOP
- 100 g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Salt, pepper, nutmeg
- Baby spinach leaves
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into pieces. Cook them in a pan of boiling water for 15 minutes. Drain them and mash them.
- Mix the flour with the baking powder in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the purée, finely grated L’Etivaz AOP, salt, pepper, grated nutmeg and chopped parsley.
- Add the beaten eggs, mix together and then gradually add the flour/baking powder mixture.
- Grease the waffle iron and add 1 large tablespoon of batter, close the waffle iron and cook for 2 to 4 minutes. Repeat the process until the batter is used up.
- While the waffles are cooking, fry the eggs.
- Serve the waffles with a salad of baby spinach leaves and a fried egg.
A recipe that will add colour and a sweet touch to your brunch table. The sweet potato adds a sweet and creamy aspect to this rather savoury breakfast.
Surf Mesa – ILY
Listen on Spotify